[ Design ] [ Interactivity ]
[ Browsers ] [ HTML Editors ]
[ HOME ] [ Misc. ]
[ Java Script ] [ Graphics ]
Add a Link to Your Site
Click Here For Associate and Affiliate Programs
Web Site Promotion
- PROMOTE IT OR TRASH IT
- What good does it do to have a wonderful web site that no one
can get to? If you have a web site that can not be found, take it
off the 'net. Your just wasting bandwidth and adding to the
clutter of the internet.
- SEARCH ENGINE REGISTRATION
- Search engine registration is by all means the best method
of promoting your site. By registering your site with as many
search engines as you can, it ensures that your site is findable.
If you do not have the time to do it, then hire someone who does.
Click Here for Valuable Search Engine Information and META TAG Tips
Click Here for Quick-links for Submitting your WebPages
Click Here to Auto-Submit to 24 Search Engines
- BE FRUGAL
- You need to promote your site any way that you can but don't
stoop to methods that will make you look like an abuser. There
are a host of abusers on the internet and a campaigns to eliminate
them from valuable internet resources. So, take care in representing
your site. Be accurate. If your site concerns coffee cups, don't
register it as an adult site just to get "hits."
- WHAT ARE PEOPLE SEARCHING FOR?
- It may help you, when designing a Web site, to know what the most popular search terms are. Being armed with this information, you could generate content within your site to appeal to visitors that are searching for these most popular search terms. Important: Remember not to use misleading META TAGS or hidden content. If possible think of ways that your Web site (or a portion of it) could be made to appeal to the majority of search queries.
- Here are the Top 30 Search Terms today:
Click Here for More Tools
(Top searched words today:
- HITS VS VISITORS
- There is much concern (and controversy) surounding hits
and visitors. Putting a counter on your page might be a good
idea. In general, most counters will give you actual visitor counts and not "hits." Hits are requests to the server that hosts your page. So if your page
has several graphics, each one must be requested from the server.
It's the number of visitors to your site that you and your clients
should be are likely concerned with, not hits. (After working with many different tracking programs, it may take a good deal of time to interpret the individual statistics, it might be worth the time invested to study statistics on a regular basis. Each program has its own unique features and methods. Be familiar enough with yours in order to convey the stats intelligently - or not.)
Click Here for FREE Counters
- EXCHANGE LINKS
- Another effective way to promote your site is by offering
to exchange links with another site that serves your target
audience. You simply visit the site and email the webmaster
requesting a link exchange. You will place a link on your site
promoting his/hers in exchange for his/her link on their site
to yours. So visitors to your site have an oportunity to visit
their site and likewise visitors to their site are now aware of
yours. In this way you may be able to benefit from visits to
another established site as you are building yours. See also: Awards.
- BANNER EXCHANGE
- An acceptable form of swapping exposure with other sites is by participating in a banner exchange. You can do so in the same manner as exchanging links (above) or by registering your site with companies who do everything for you, you just copy and paste the code into your webpage. Here are some for you to check out:
GSA Banner Swap
- MAKING MONEY WITH YOUR WEBSITE
- Okay, you've worked your buns off. At first it was fun, now that you're site is growing it's become more of a full-time job! Now, if you could only get paid to maintain your site... YOU CAN!
Click Here For Money Making Tips
Click Here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Visit Web Masters Ink
Supporters of Web Site Theory and Philosophy
webman and webman contents © 1998-2009 Dave Masters